Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
andrewpthall77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue with Feed on Essential Outside 2nd Gen only. Have added this camera and a second Pro 3 Floodlight to existing set up which was working. 

I receive notifications of Motion but no recording appearing in Feed or under Device with respect to Essential Outside 2nd Gen only. Have a multi camera Arlo Secure subscription though app/dashboard shows my new Pro 3 Floodlight and Essential Outside 2nd Gen are on free trial until 13 May (expect will revert to existing Arlo Secure sub post this date). 

Only filter to feed is vehicle. Have tested this multiple times over days by standing in front of Essential Outside 2nd Gen. On one day it recorded the video in Feed but have not been able to re-create this expected working. Still just get Notification on phone but no video or Feed video.

Have re-started SmartHub and Essential Outside 2nd Gen via app/dashboard.

All Modes, Automations, Routines working as expected and Arlo Secure subscription fine. All firmware up to date.

Guessing issue could be 3 cameras connect/pair to SmartHub but Essential Outdoor 2nd gen does not connect to SmartHub and is throwing off Feed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrewpthall77
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue has resolved itself and the new cameras began acting as expected and have performed perfectly since within the existing set up and legacy subs. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't be sure but there kinda seems to be some issues with legacy subscriptions. You may want to try canceling your existing sub and subscribe to one of the new ones. The existing trial subs should work fine regardless but...

andrewpthall77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I tend to agree the behaviour of the Essential Outside 2nd gen is behaving like it is not on an Arlo Secure subscription (even though it reads it's on a free trial and I have an existing Arlo Secure multi camera subscription running the legacy set up). So will let the free trial run out and see if the legacy Arlo Secure subscription kicks it into working and if not, take your advice to cancel and re-start. Thank you. 

andrewpthall77
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue has resolved itself and the new cameras began acting as expected and have performed perfectly since within the existing set up and legacy subs. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation