Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
hebronho
Follower
Follower

Hi, I can't find 2nd gen model for Essential Outdoor camera when I started setup (updated latest apps version). Understand that it's not released yet in Hong Kong for this model, hence it's the reason why I can't search it in apps.

1) Could you let me know the schedule when it will release and support in Hong Kong?

2) Any alternative way to pair it? For example, register a supported countries account and pair it (PS: I registered a US arlo account, and switched location as US, but still can't see this 2nd gen model in the list, any advise?)

43 REPLIES 43
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hebronho,

I do not have any information on when Essential 2nd generation devices will be available in Hong Kong. To onboard Essential 2nd generation devices, your account must be created in a region where the cameras are launched (US for example). If the account was created in a region where the cameras are not yet available, the app will not allow onboarding.

JamesC

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Could you help to check this account: hebronho_us , which is created in USA region, however, I logged in by this account in apps but still can't find the 2nd gen model. Looking forward to your suggestion. Thanks

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Still waiting for your feedback, and for your more information, I can see the 2nd gen option in laptop browser link, but doesn't exist in mobile apps. Please advise. Thanks

Laptop:

hebronho_us_0-1701934876250.png

Mobile Apps version: 4.10.6 (7200)

hebronho_us_1-1701935080917.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hebronho_us,

Do you have the latest version of the mobile app? Are you logging in to the app with the right login information?

JamesC

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Sure I’m logging in with my US account in apps, and the version is 4.11 (7231), which I can get the latest update from App Store. Or it’s still not the latest app version?

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

I feel so disappointed it’s no any solution to resolve this issue since it’s already raised a month. If this 2nd gen model is not yet ready for the region, why Arlo not specify in some description??? As this issue is keep asking from many users, please take it seriously as it’s impacting your brand reputation, customer confidence!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hebronho_us,

We're investigating a solution for users who are attempting to onboard 2nd gen devices outside currently supported regions. I will provide an update once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

GeorgeElGhaoui
Initiate
Initiate

Any update on this? I bought a pair and travelled with them and can't pair them!

Murraygo
Initiate
Initiate

Any updates to this issue?

I am trying to set up this camera and I am having the same issue 

Murraygo
Initiate
Initiate

please update as soon as possible 

MartinsB
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Europa is waiting.. 
JuLina
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue…bought 2 essential outdoor 2nd Gen and CAN NOT onboard/connect them. Should be resolve or not available for sale! I paid for something that does not work!

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

JamesC

Any progress status update? Please provide an estimated timeline of the solution readiness. Whole APAC and Europe are not yet onboard! 

kupry2u
Tutor
Tutor

Same with me! I just bought essential 2nd gen and no way to pair them…waste of money, incredible! 😡😡😡

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

@JamesC  Please update

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have an ETA on when Arlo Essential 2nd generation products will be available for onboarding in all regions. Once I have more information to share, I will make an announcement here.

JamesC

YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

I also bought 3 cameras and Arlo video doorbell and its not working in Egypt.

Please update ASAP. I already telling all my friends not to buy Arlo till its fixed 

lobsterking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why no option in app,? I am use it in Hawaii,I bought from Costco,how can I use it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hawaii is in the US so it's supported. Do you have the latest app? A reboot of the phone and reinstallation of the app may help. Also, where was you account created? If not in the US, that could be the problem.

langabi
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1 on having issues here. I have a USA account, but essential 2nd generation not on the app! Please fix!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you have the latest app. 

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I’m in Costa Rica!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

langabi,

I've checked your account and it is not flagged as a US account. Were you in a different country or using a VPN when you made it? Create a new account while in the US and not using a VPN and you will see 2nd Generation devices available for onboard.

JamesC

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are not in the US that is the whole issue! When the cameras are sold nobody informed that these can only be used in the US, besides it’s just a matter of deploying the app for other regions, when will this happen?!