Cannot reconnect Essential Outdoor Camera 2nd generation

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Maritha
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my four cameras showed as offline (the battery is charged and it is within reach of the wifi). I removed the device in the app and am trying to reconnect it.  The blue LED does not come on or blink when I hold the pairing button on the top of the camera. I still continued to see if anything happens but the connection failed after trying for a while. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

If that doesn't work it's probably a faulty camera. Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support can offer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

If that doesn't work it's probably a faulty camera. Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support can offer.

Jgilmore1514
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having the same problem reconnecting, but my device does start blinking blue but never blinks amber and always says device couldn't connect.  What am I doing wrong?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jgilmore1514 wrote:

I'm also having the same problem reconnecting, but my device does start blinking blue but never blinks amber and always says device couldn't connect.  What am I doing wrong?

What is the model of the camera or doorbell???

Maritha
Aspirant
Aspirant

It took a few attempts over two days and after the camera was fully charged.  Finally got it to work. Thank you! Learned that one should press the button for no longer than what the instruction is.