Camera shutdown - Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera 2nd Generation

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OleHen
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera 2K/HD (2nd Generation) still shuts down after a few minutes and then I have to reconnect to see anything. It works from the App, but not from the interntbrowser (Google Chrome). I have previously tried to contact Arlo regarding this issue but Arlo "support" shut down the thread. When can I (all of us since I am not the only one with this problem) expect that Arlo has resolved this big problem?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OleHen,

When you say it shuts down, could you provide more details? Are you getting an error message?

JamesC

Shanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem.

We've had three cameras for one year. They worked fine, except for the frequent charging. One suddenly died and now does nothing. The other two just would spin and spin while trying to connect, and nothing I could do worked. We got so frustrated with these problems and knew they were no longer on warranty, so we gave up. We are now trying Blink. Though the settings aren't as good as Arlo, we're hoping they will be more dependable.

Goodbye for now Arlo.

OleHen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James

I am not getting any error message.

Shut down=the camera stops sending a live feed after approximately 4-5 minuts. So then I have to reconnect/reboot/start the camera again in order to get back the live feed. This i totally useless for meg and very annoying so I really hope for a quick solution.

OleHen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again James

When can I expect an answer from you/Arlo?

Regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OleHen,

If you consistently experience this behavior, I encourage you to reach out to support in your region to investigate the issue further. You can find support options within the Arlo app under Settings > Secure.

JamesC