Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Battery life not oke with just 20 day ago order XL Version . please sort this arlo !!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zeroworking1
Follower
Follower

HI you all , 

I just bought a month ago on offer 3 x Essential XL CAMERA 2K . the reason was mostly the extended battery usage time . 

But I have to charge the camera's every 7 days , because the batteries are empty . 

I think the battery life of those 3 are not working correct seen they are probably for months already in a warehouse. 

even to get them charged for the first time was a nightmare ( more topics already seen of this ) .

The worst thing is with ARLO ,their is no good support option . the CHAT bot is useless !!! 

and the only email you can find is order@ , which you find if you look good on the support page. 

Filled this is and got direct an email back with .. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the arlo.com Online Store Support. Please be aware that if your message is not related to an arlo.com online order it will not be processed, and you will not receive a reply.

If you are an existing customer looking for support, please visit the Arlo Support site here: https://www.arlo.com/support. Login with your Arlo account credentials to access your personalized support page where you will find all options available to you to get in touch with Arlo Support & Customer Care.

Best regards,

Arlo Support & Customer Care

---------------------------------------------------------------

how can you call that service ? they are good to take your online order and money and than ..... nobody possible to reach. even not an normal phonenumber !!!  

Who has the same problem with the battery life of the XL version and what is the solution ?? 

I think I have a faulty product received .. 

please contact me , to sort the problem .. not a happy camper at this moment . 

hope to hear your soon , 

b reg.

andrew

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You contacted the store, not Arlo support.

Access support through the app (NOT my.arlo.com)

You can use either chat or phone - personally I suggest phone.

Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I do not work for Arlo.

@zeroworking1 wrote:

I just bought a month ago on offer 3 x Essential XL CAMERA 2K . the reason was mostly the extended battery usage time . 

But I have to charge the camera's every 7 days , because the batteries are empty . 

There are two things that can cause a lot of power drain

1. poor connection quality - the camera uses quite a bit more power when it is actively working to restore the connection
  2. lots of  video capture.

It is useful to measure your wifi speed at the camera location with your phone.  Use the free speedtest (Ookla) app, and turn off mobile data during the test.  Upload speed is more important then download.  Also check for packet loss.

How many minutes of video are the cameras capturing per day? if you use activity zones, that masks the amount of actual video capture.  The camera streams whenever it detects motion, and the Arlo cloud determines if the motion is in zone or out of zone.