Arlo pro 2, 2nd gen camera 2019 purchase. Had original plan (2019) of no cost

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mtngirl56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added a 2nd gen camera to my 2 arlo pro cameras. System bought in 2019…came with no cost plan…gave phone notifications if motion detected and 30 day storage of short videos.  Since adding 2nd gen camera I am not receiving any notifications on any cameras. Tried resetting base, removed 2nd gen camera, etc. Still no notifications. 2nd gen camera came with 30 secure trial but expired. Regardless have not received any motion detection notifications and I always get birds, squirrels, etc.  Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The 2nd Gen camera requires a subscription to get cloud storage.

The free 7-day cloud storage for the Pro 2s is limited to accounts with 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras in the account. It sounds like you haven't reached that limit yet.  

If your system was set to send email notifications:  that feature was removed for all cameas in mid November.  You need to use push notification instead.  However,  you should still be seeing recordings in the Feed.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming one of the Pro 2 cameras?

Have you checked the rules in the "armed home" and "armed away" modes - making sure the pro cameras are listed there?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The 2nd Gen camera requires a subscription to get cloud storage.

The free 7-day cloud storage for the Pro 2s is limited to accounts with 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras in the account. It sounds like you haven't reached that limit yet.  

If your system was set to send email notifications:  that feature was removed for all cameas in mid November.  You need to use push notification instead.  However,  you should still be seeing recordings in the Feed.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming one of the Pro 2 cameras?

Have you checked the rules in the "armed home" and "armed away" modes - making sure the pro cameras are listed there?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The newer cameras would have needed the arlo UI upgrade to install them.

The older app UI is not compatible with the newer version so you would need to setup the pro camera settings again to make them work if you can figure it out.

The pro cameras came with 7days free cloud storage but this stopped after the pro2 model. Any model after requires a paid subscription post trial expiration.

Mtngirl56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Danny, thanks for the info. If I get a subscription does that push alerts to my phone again? Will it work with mixed cameras?

karen

Mtngirl56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen, it seems once I added the 2nd gen..primarily because my battery life was getting bad I stopped getting notifications..right around the end of Nov. The install did a software change. If I get a subscription to include all cameras will I get the notifications back. Yes I can manually take a pic or video with the pro 2. 

Karen

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mtngirl56 wrote:

Yes I can manually take a pic or video with the pro 2. 

Then you have the cloud storage, and don't need a subscription for the Pro 2 cameras.

I am thinking that the rules for the Pro 2 cameras were not moved into the three modes.  If you don't know how to check for that, then this is a guide:

@Mtngirl56 wrote:

I stopped getting notifications..right around the end of Nov.

Were you using email notifications?  Or push notifications?

Arlo removed email notifications for everyone mid-November.  A subscription won't get them back.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

As @StephenB states the arlo email notifications for motion did disappear around the end of November last year without notice for everyone.

No indication as to why except that it is in their EOL policy.

Push notifications to mobile devices are still working, they did implement the desktop notifications for compatible web browsers for those who use the website login.

I hope arlo brings emails back before the pro2 EOL date. I used them to wake me at night but now have to use the siren instead so the neighbours know when a gecko is moving about.