Arlo essential 2nd gen issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
putrokasi
Follower
Follower

I bought a pair of those from the $29 Walmart deal. I charged them up, updated app, installed and that they have been running on Friday. Daytime video satisfactory became extremely good viewing/recording my driveway. I disabled the spotlight as the place is lit. I also created movement vicinity which have to ignore cars on the street. I have the digicam aiming down as a whole lot as the mount will allow.

1-driveway digicam battery died in less than days!

2-now neither of the cameras will permit me view live video. I have restarted both, closed app(iPhone) , established app on iPad and many others. I've one camera some toes from my WiFi. Neither have any troubles detecting movement and quickly connecting to WiFi to add motion films.

Three-are there reasonably priced usb c water resistant cables for these everywhere? Difficult to justify $39 Arlo cable for $29 camera.

I’ve were given a few really vintage gen1 and gen2 Arlos with hub that I placed back up. I notion i might supply Arlo a go once more with this superb deal. I've been the usage of budget friendly Wyze past few years and ran a few micro usb power cables for a few places. I’ll want to water-resistant one of the antique Arlo pro(?) micro usb connections someway too.

• Arlo
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Sounds like either way too much recording and live viewing or poor signal strength/quality. <5 minutes per day of recording/viewing is the spec for battery life.

2) Again, signal strength/quality.

3) $29 is a one-time price so you're comparing apples and oranges a bit. And USB-C is being phased in although that really doesn't make any difference.