Android notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MattMoor
Follower
Follower

I want my phone to ring when somebody presses the doorbell, but I don't want any notifications when people walk past.

Using Android it seems like I can only turn off all notifications (inc. Doorbell ringing) or have them all on - but I get dozens of notifications for movement each day.

How can I resolve this?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MattMoor wrote:

I want my phone to ring when somebody presses the doorbell, but I don't want any notifications when people walk past.

Using Android it seems like I can only turn off all notifications (inc. Doorbell ringing) or have them all on - but I get dozens of notifications for movement each day.

How can I resolve this?

Your phone ringing is not a notification, it's actually a phone call.  So disabling notifications won't stop the phone from ringing when someone presses the button.

That said, you can also edit the mode(s) you are using.

You can disable the notifications from the doorbell by changing the rule for the camera.  Similarly, you can eliminate the recordings while keeping the notifications.  If you want to get rid of both recordings and notifications, you can just delete the rule for the doorbell in that mode.  

If you only have the doorbell in your account, you can try switching the mode to "Standby", as it should be set up to not record and not notify already.