Adding a second location

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PaullyDB33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have location "A" all set up on a subscription and good to go. I recently bought second set of cameras for location "B" and activated the trial subscription at location "B" but the trial of those cameras shows up in the Arlo app under my subscription for location "A". For me to add appropriate second location "B", do I need to remove those devices from location "A" subscription?  Then do I need to be physically at location "B" to reactivate those cameras under a new and separate subscription for location "B"?  Lastly, I believe I need to create a second email address for the new second location then link them so they both show up in the Arlo app?  

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PaullyDB33,

You can have multiple locations in a single Arlo account. For your setup, you can have both location "A" and Location "B" associated with the same Arlo account without needing to create an additional Arlo account. Take a look at these articles for a better understanding of how locations work:

Locations FAQ: https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

How to set up locations: https://kb.arlo.com/000062826/How-do-I-add-edit-or-delete-a-Location-in-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0

Each location will need it's own subscription plan and if you've already set up the cameras under location "A" on your account and want them associated with location "B", you will need to remove them and set up again under location "B" after you've created the second location using the steps linked above.

JamesC

PaullyDB33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. When I go in the Arlo app, I don't see the icons your article shows to tap on, nor do I see the "locations and plans". It's not showing me any of what's in the article to add a location. Dumb question, I'm using the Arlo app version 4.9.1 (6960), is that the Arlo Secure app 4.0? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PaullyDB33,

Currently, there are two interfaces in the Arlo app. When logging into the app, you will see "library" across the bottom of the screen. The latest user interface (shows "Feeds" across the bottom of the screen) can be obtained when you attempt to onboard a new device (Pro 5S 2K camera, 2nd generation camera or doorbell, Arlo Home Security system). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these new devices you will be prompted to update your app to the latest user interface. You can do this even if you don't own a new device, simply select Pro 5S 2K from the list of devices to add, accept the new user interface prompt and then back out of the onboarding flow.

After moving to the new version of the Arlo app user interface, you will see the locations options mentioned above.

JamesC