Added 3 new cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
serenity0559
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had 3 Arlo camera for years. Always worked great so I bought 3 Arlo essential spotlight cameras. Yesterday I hooked them all up and everything worked great. By morning the 3 new cameras are not recording. I get the alerts but no recording. My old cameras are still working and I’m getting the alerts and recordings. Why are the new essential cameras not recording? I’m ready to return them for a refund 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@serenity0559 wrote:

I’ve had 3 Arlo camera for years. Always worked great so I bought 3 Arlo essential spotlight cameras. Yesterday I hooked them all up and everything worked great. By morning the 3 new cameras are not recording. I get the alerts but no recording. My old cameras are still working and I’m getting the alerts and recordings. Why are the new essential cameras not recording? I’m ready to return them for a refund 

The Essential cameras (like all currently sold models) require a subscription for cloud recording.  So the first thing to do is double-check that the Essential cameras have a trial subscription.  They should (unless you happen to live in a country where Arlo doesn't offer subscriptions).

The second thing to check is whether you can make a manual recording.  Do that while the cameras are livestreaming.  If you see the manual recordings in the library, then the problem is likely that the cameras are not armed.

serenity0559
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you