Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

indoor camera unable to connect

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
I bought my camera a little over a month ago. I have 2 outside cameras I’ve had for years; never had any issues. Suddenly the indoor camera wouldn’t turn back on. I unplugged/plugged back and kept trying but it would never connect. So I removed the device and tried reconnect from “add new device” thinking if I removed it it might reset. Didn’t happen. And now I cannot figure out what’s wrong or why the device won’t connect. I know it’s not my hub base and it’s not because it’s far away either as the outside cameras are farther away than the indoor camera and I’ve never had any issues there. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Best answers
  • TomMac
    Guru
    Guru

Have you tried a RESET of the camera?  Try it and then bring back as if new with app.

To factory reset your Arlo Essential Indoor Camera:

Press and hold the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds. Ensure that the camera LED rapidly blinks blue after you held down sync button. After a factory reset, the camera still appears on the Arlo app, but it is disabled

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a RESET of the camera?  Try it and then bring back as if new with app.

To factory reset your Arlo Essential Indoor Camera:

Press and hold the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds. Ensure that the camera LED rapidly blinks blue after you held down sync button. After a factory reset, the camera still appears on the Arlo app, but it is disabled

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it won't turn on, have you considered the possibility of a failed power adapter? WHen plugged in initially you should see the LED flash briefly - do you?

Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
It will turn on. I’ve removed the device from my device list because it wouldn’t connect to let me see the live feed. As a result, I “removed the device” in an effort to try to reset it up. Now during the installation it says it can’t find the camera. The power is working because the blue light is flashing.
Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
Couldn’t get this to work. I saw the rapid flashing of the blue light, but I still cannot reinstall the camera. It hangs up during the “looking for the camera” portion of the installation process
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you saw the rapid blue flash, that implies it was found. I've had this scenario happen in the past - try to connect a camera, it seems to happen but nothing shows up in the app as a new device. I then force close the app and re--open it and, voila!, it's there. Not saying this will work for you but it's worth a try.

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a power outage recently. All my cameras, one Arlo Essential indoor camera, three Arlo outdoor cameras and an Arlo doorbell went offline. When the power came on, everything except the indoor camera came back online. This indoor camera by the way is the closest to the Wi-Fi router in my house. The other devices are further away since they are outside.

So now I am having the exact same problem as the person that I am replying to. I did everything specified in that person’s original post and the replies. NOTHING HAS WORKED. Any suggestions other than throwing the camera in the trash?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rtbartz wrote:

I had a power outage recently. All my cameras, one Arlo Essential indoor camera, three Arlo outdoor cameras and an Arlo doorbell went offline. When the power came on, everything except the indoor camera came back online. This indoor camera by the way is the closest to the Wi-Fi router in my house. The other devices are further away since they are outside.

Is the indoor camera paired with a base, or is it connected directly to your home wifi?

If power-cycling the camera didn't resolve it, you might need to try this:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

The reset itself is accomplished by while the camera is powered on, press and hold the sync button for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking blue, then let go.  (page 54 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arloessential/Arlo_Essential_Indoor_UM_US_1.pdf)

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Stephen, I have wi-fi connectivity. I also tried the factory reset but it didn’t work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rtbartz wrote:

I also tried the factory reset but it didn’t work.

Did the camera recognize the QR code?

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes it did.

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, just out of curiosity, did you ever get your indoor camera back online and if so, how did you make that happen. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation