I can't connect my Essentials indoor camera to my VMB4540r2 hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RichinVT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all. I have a VMB4540r2 hub that I've had for a few years and I'm trying to connect some new Essentials Indoor cameras. None of them are working. I've created a dedicated 2.4ghz network, I've tried it on the app, on the website, and tried connecting directly to the 2.4ghz network rather than the hub. None of it is working. Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Do you have any other cameras setup on the hub that are working ok?

when you tried using the arlo webpage login was the pc connected to the local network that the base station is using? Same for the mobile device?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat exactly have you tried and what do you see? Have you reset the cameras?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062560/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

Rebooting the hub may also be useful.

RichinVT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the base station has 3 Arlo Pro H10 cameras functioning with no problem on both the app and the website. The base station is connected directly to the router by ethernet cable rather than wifi. The PC was connected by wifi to the router when I tried to add the cameras that way, as was my iPhone when I tried to add the camera via app. The 3 Arlo Pro 3 H10 cameras were all added successfully under the same configuration described above.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re other cameras are working with the base station ok, it would suggest you have a dud indoor essential camera. Might be simpler to return it. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation