Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How does "shared users" work under a essential camera with privacy mode?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Questions/requested features:

for shared users (say family members) of a essential camera with a privacy screen, can they get notifications if the privacy screen was open by the account owner, Thereby allowing them access to see video..   if the account owner activates the privacy screen is there any way to notify users the camera is shut or private, or open for use?

please explain how ‘shared users’ work under a essential camera with privacy mode? What are they seeing as a camera status? 

I actually don’t own an indoor essential camera with a privacy screen, (but want to buy one for a family member) so I don’t know what shared user sees when the camera is in privacy mode. I would find it beneficial if the camera could (if it was used as a baby camera), allow the parents to open the shield u, and a remote ‘shared’ user be notified of that event.   Maybe arlo could point to some online Notes on the subject. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't explicitly control the privacy shield.  It is automatically opened whenever the camera is armed or livestreamed, and automatically closed when it is disarmed.  So think of it more as a physical notification than a control.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062523/How-do-I-use-the-privacy-shield-on-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

As far as shared users goes: 

• "Friend" accounts w/o access rights can always livestream - and if they do, the privacy screen will automatically open (if it isn't already).
  • "Friend" accounts with access rights can arm/disarm the camera (changing the mode).  When they disarm it, the shield will close; when they arm it the shield will open.

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation