Expanding # devices and integrate with existing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jscottadams
Aspirant
Aspirant

In 2015+ I installed 4 cameras (model #of one:48B461SW653C3). When recording these devices burn through batteries (cr123), as such I stopped recording.  However, I need to record again so I was thinking about replacing a couple of these cameras with a wired version, Essential Indoor. Couple of questions: 1) how long is the power cord, 2) Will this camera integrate with my existing cameras and 3)  Is this the best solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscottadams wrote:

In 2015+ I installed 4 cameras (model #of one: ...). When recording these devices burn through batteries (cr123), as such I stopped recording.

You posted the serial number, not the model. However, you must have the original Arlo camera (VMC3030), as that is the only model that uses CR123 batteries.

@jscottadams wrote:

3) Is this the best solution?

It will require a subscription to get cloud storage (unlike your older cameras). That said, it is a better camera than what you have now.

Another solution is to get rechargable CR123 batteries (Tenergy is a brand that Arlo qualified some years ago, but other brands also should work).

@jscottadams wrote:

2) Will this camera integrate with my existing cameras

It's not compatible with your base. But it can connect directly to your home wifi, and be added to your account.

@jscottadams wrote:

1) how long is the power cord

It's powered with USB cable and charger. The supplied microUSB cable is about 7 feet. But it detaches, so you could potentially get a longer one if needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscottadams wrote:

In 2015+ I installed 4 cameras (model #of one: ...). When recording these devices burn through batteries (cr123), as such I stopped recording.

You posted the serial number, not the model. However, you must have the original Arlo camera (VMC3030), as that is the only model that uses CR123 batteries.

@jscottadams wrote:

3) Is this the best solution?

It will require a subscription to get cloud storage (unlike your older cameras). That said, it is a better camera than what you have now.

Another solution is to get rechargable CR123 batteries (Tenergy is a brand that Arlo qualified some years ago, but other brands also should work).

@jscottadams wrote:

2) Will this camera integrate with my existing cameras

It's not compatible with your base. But it can connect directly to your home wifi, and be added to your account.

@jscottadams wrote:

1) how long is the power cord

It's powered with USB cable and charger. The supplied microUSB cable is about 7 feet. But it detaches, so you could potentially get a longer one if needed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation