Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the essential spotlight and indoor camera to pair with my existing Ultra smarthub (with 2 Ultra cameras connected)

Once the Essentials connected to the hub, they just straightly go offline in few seconds. Rebooted with no luck. If the Essentials are connected via 2.4ghz wifi instead, there will be no issue, but I lost the local recording capability

To get things clear:
- Internet speed is fine, 900mbps download 800mbps upload.
- the existing 2 Ultra cameras connected to the hub well with no issues noted at all
- the 2 Essentials are placed close to the smarthub without any physical block in between

Please help, this is very frustrating as I expected the Essentials to connect with the Ultra smarthub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant

PROBLEM SOLVED!

After multiple trials at my end without any useful help from the support team, I finally figure out the solution by myself. Just updating here for sharing purpose.

1. Add new camera and choose connect to via Smarthub as usual

2. Power on Essential cameras and follow the on screen instruction until you see the screen prompting you to “Press the sync button to start”.

3. Now, instead of pressing the sync button on Essential cameras (This is where the app instruction gets wrong), press the sync button on the smarthub instead!

21A594C0-1F0B-4316-8751-B07C9B44B50A.jpeg

4. Once the Smarthub started flashing, press the sync button on Essential cameras

5. Then you can press Continue on screen and it now connects to your Smarthub.

The root cause is that the in app sync function just simply won’t trigger both Smarthub and Essential cameras to talk, so you have to manually press the sync button on Smarthub instead.

Would suggest the team to update the instructions in app to get things clearer!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a camera reset to see if that helps. There's an FAQ in the support section here that details the steps.

Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had already reset not only the Essentials, but my Ultra cameras, and the smarthub before but that does not help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried adding them with a PC browser (my.arlo.com) as well as the app?

Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried both, didn't work.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Heili8701,

If you're still experiencing this issue, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat with the support team.

Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had already initiated such but those staffs just repeatly providing the same reply as above (reset, reset and reset) even I replied with them that reset just doesn't work. I am hopong to see if any real users here experienced the same before to help otherwise I am going to return all these products as they are simply incomplete and never worked!!
Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant

PROBLEM SOLVED!

After multiple trials at my end without any useful help from the support team, I finally figure out the solution by myself. Just updating here for sharing purpose.

1. Add new camera and choose connect to via Smarthub as usual

2. Power on Essential cameras and follow the on screen instruction until you see the screen prompting you to “Press the sync button to start”.

3. Now, instead of pressing the sync button on Essential cameras (This is where the app instruction gets wrong), press the sync button on the smarthub instead!

21A594C0-1F0B-4316-8751-B07C9B44B50A.jpeg

4. Once the Smarthub started flashing, press the sync button on Essential cameras

5. Then you can press Continue on screen and it now connects to your Smarthub.

The root cause is that the in app sync function just simply won’t trigger both Smarthub and Essential cameras to talk, so you have to manually press the sync button on Smarthub instead.

Would suggest the team to update the instructions in app to get things clearer!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation