Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thredbolodge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought an Arlo essentials class and the downloaded instructions on how to use and setup the camera are nothing like the actual camera options you get with a new camera, it would be nice if new instructions were written for newer updated cameras 

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What specific instructions are you looking for?

Arlo has recently updated to a new UI interface so the older instructions will be for the older UI interface.

Thredbolodge
Aspirant
Aspirant

It say to :

Change the camera order
1. Open the Arlo app.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Under DEVICE SETTINGS, tap Device Order.
4. If you are using a smartphone or tablet, tap Edit at the top of the page.
A list icon displays.
5. Tap and hold the e list icon and drag each device to the correct position on the list.
6. Tap Save.

I dont get this option at all for starters, and I also dont get many other options listed in the instructions.

Thredbolodge
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Device order" is not an option on the latest Essentials XL camera, so very frustrating when trying to follow these instructions.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Refer to the new UI interface in article.

https://kb.arlo.com/1088401/How-to-add-an-additional-Arlo-device-to-an-existing-Arlo-system

it's not the exact process but might workaround the missing features.

Thredbolodge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have spent 2 whole days on this and about 15 hours in total, I am going to get a refund and buy a Eufy

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You can contact arlo customer support if you’re have a trial subscription when you purchased the camera.

in the arlo mobile app under settings select support and choose the camera for a list of contact entitlements.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation