Essential Outdoor Camera isn't detecting movement or recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VideoLess
Follower
Follower

Recently, my internet provider had a major outage in my area and it knocked my cameras, etc. offline. I have been able to restart my doorbell camera and my Essential camera watching the front of the house. The doorbell works property, but the Essential no longer detects motion or records. Due to the recent adding of shading to the camera view, I've had to readjust the camera so the field of view actually covers the area that I want to watch over. I have this area further covered under the Activity Area. I have set the Motion Detection Test to 100 so it picks up movement; but the camera no longer detects any movement. I can walk from the sidewalk in front of the house, through my front yard towards the camera, and the camera will not detect me. It further no longer detects the movement of plants in the yard swaying in the wind just under the camera as well which it used to prior to the internet provider being out for a day. I have both cameras set up on my monthly subscription. I can manually force the camera to record, but it will not do it by itself.

Are there any fixes to this? Is the camera malfunctioning?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the motion test is just a test, not a setting. The setting is in your modes and rules. WHile you're there, make sure the appropriate mode is selected and not Disarmed.

Worst case, removing and resyncing the camera may be needed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation