Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Indoor installation fail

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rks84093
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to install 2 Essential Indoor cameras for a senior woman in our neighborhood.  I got to the point where and firmware update started and ultimately failed.  During the update the privacy screen went up and then down at least once, so something seemed to be going on.  Once the firmware failed I can't go anywhere - camera status says offline.  What do I do now?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
ramona21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  Brand new Essential Indoor Camera, and failed firmware update.

I have an Orbi mesh network, and have disabled the 5GHz SSID broadcast.  I've tried resetting the camera a couple times.

The error message on my phone says "The firmware on your Base Station has failed to update."  But I don't have a base station.  I'm wanting to connect my camera directly to the WiFi.

Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have the latest app? Reinstalling may help. Are you choosing to connect via WiFi, not a base/hub? At any point during the install does anything (other than the update failing message) talk about a hub? I guess it could be a typo in the app that should be corrected. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

ramona21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the latest version of the app.  I don't have a base/hub, so need to connect by WiFi.  Nothing but the error message mentions anything about a hub.

ramona21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: I got a second camera, and had no trouble setting it up.  Tried a full reset again on the first one, and it's still not working.  I suspect the camera is bad.

Rawhide107
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had replaced my modem/router with a new dual band. My cameras simply would not connect, no matter how hard I tried. There was no easy way to find a separate 2.4 band on the router.   This solution worked. Reset camera to factory settings. Remove camera from Arlo app and add new. Log into my.arlo.com. Follow the recommended process from there. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation