Essential Indoor Camera -- sync problem figured out

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
kramer17
Follower
Follower

If you are having problems with camera set up for arlo indoor essential -- it may be because you are holding down the sync button too long!  You need to just tap it 1 time INSTEAD OF "holding it down until the blue light flashes" like the self guided set up tells you to do!

Dear Arlo --- if you insist on not having anyone to answer the phone -- AT LEAST make sure your self guided setup gives the right steps.  This way you can save people hours of frustration by making sure the steps you tell people to do are correct.  Holding a button down until the blue light flashes is WAYYYY different then, "hold the button down for 1-2 seconds".  I cannot believe you all did not catch this. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kramer17,

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this along to the development team for review.

JamesC

HLStephenson
Guide
Guide

I had this happen to me also.  The chat person was no help, just keep repeating the same things working off a check list.  Please correct this error in the manual ASAP!!!

jodphe
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG-- I tried for hours to set up the camera and then tapped on the sync button instead of holding it down and-- IT WORKED!  Thanks so much.  I was SO frustrated, but now, the camera is working great. 

LGT15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!!!!! 100 agree with you. 

bocaMarc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a heck of a time...  I pressed the button for 1 second and the blue light never came on.  Then, out of frustration, after trying it multiple times, I rebooted my cell phone.  All I can say is everything worked perfectly after that.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation