Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Alex46015
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I bought basestation VMB 4000 longtime ago with camerQ-PRO VMC 4030, it works well , and it is still keeping recording now.

I bought other three essential VMC2320w three months ago because it claimed compatibility with VMB 4000r3 without subscription of plan . I did not start Arlo Secure trial at all, VMB 4000 recorded well locally . It stopped recording after I got email “your included Arlo Secure trial for one or more of your devices will end on 3/22/2023.”. My question is how I can let VMB 4000 record locally without plan ?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alex46015 wrote:

However only old one VMC 4030 has records in apps, no records for new one VMC 2020.

How can I fix it and let it record locally for VMC 2020?

With the VMB4000, all the recordings you see in the app or my.arlo.com are stored in the cloud.  The only way to see local recordings is to remove the USB, connect it to a PC, and look for recordings with file explorer or finder.

Your VMB4030 camera has 7 days of free cloud storage, so you will see recordings in the app and browser.  But Arlo stopped offering that with newer models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra). 

So unfortunately you will need a subscription for the Essential cameras in order to recordings in the app or browser.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lack of plan shouldn't be an issue with local recordings. The trial subscription starts automatically and isn't something that you can manually start although you can cancel it at any time.

Have you rebooted the base? Were you still getting cloud cloud recordings until the trial sub expired?

Alex46015
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying my question.

I did not set up Cloud record. Is it automatically recorded in cloud? I just reset and rebooted basestation VMB4000 again . Added basestation in apps, added camera Camera-PRO VMC 4030 and Camera Essential VMC2020 ( sorry not VMC 2320w). I can see basestation paired devices Camera-PRO VMC 4030, and Camera Essential VMC2020 in apps. However only old one VMC 4030 has records in apps, no records for new one VMC 2020.

Thank you!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alex46015 wrote:

However only old one VMC 4030 has records in apps, no records for new one VMC 2020.

With the VMB4000, all the recordings you see in the app or my.arlo.com are stored in the cloud.  The only way to see local recordings is to remove the USB, connect it to a PC, and look for recordings with file explorer or finder.

Your VMB4030 camera has 7 days of free cloud storage, so you will see recordings in the app and browser.  But Arlo stopped offering that with newer models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra). 

So unfortunately you will need a subscription for the Essential cameras in order to recordings in the app or browser.

Alex46015
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your information. Right now I know the whole story. 

have a nice day 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation