Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential camera’s warranty , Camera not holding charge

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jaszlyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My dad has had his cameras for 10 months and they have not worked for the last 4 months. I have been reaching out trying to contact customer service about replacements or any help to fix the problem. 
the cameras will not stay charged and we have solar panels surrounded by plenty of light. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jaszlyn wrote:

My dad has had his cameras for 10 months and they have not worked for the last 4 months. I have been reaching out trying to contact customer service about replacements or any help to fix the problem. 
the cameras will not stay charged and we have solar panels surrounded by plenty of light. Please help

If you want an RMA, you will need to contact support.  If your dad has a subscription, then use the support option in the app - you will find a phone option there.  It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Though I suggest seeing how much streaming the cameras are doing first.  If he uses activity zones, you will need to remove them to estimate this.  Let the cameras run for a day or so w/o the zones, and then see how many minutes of recording per day you are seeing.

But don't wait too long, the warranty in most locations is 12 months.

Jaszlyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I file a claim for the warranty ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jaszlyn wrote:

How do I file a claim for the warranty ?

Already answered:

If you want an RMA, you will need to contact support.  If your dad has a subscription, then use the support option in the app - you will find a phone option there.  It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

If he doesn't have a subscription, try sending a private message to one of the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) and see if they can create a case for you.  You send a PM by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation