Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
chtan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get an Arlo Essential Indoor camera connected to a VMB5000 base station to Homekit? I read that Arlo Essential Indoor works with Homekit but through a hub. However, in Home, I only see the video from my Arlo Ultra cameras not the Arlo Essential Indoor. I have checked and have the latest firmware, disconnected and reconnected Arlo from Home and rebooted all devices. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
11 REPLIES 11
corksta
Aspirant
Aspirant
The indoor camera isn’t supported in HomeKit yet, in the same way your Ultras are, so you’ll only see it in the Arlo app. There’s been a suggestion support is coming, but nothing official has been announced yet.
JackFrost2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was told the essential indoor with work with Apple home kit? It’s doesn’t seem to work, all my other cameras work. Any eta on a fix? Or suggestions on how to make it work?
Koulie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you end up getting this to work with your SmartHub?

I am looking to replace Arlo Baby with the Indoor cam because the Baby cam doesn't integrate to my SmartHub for local storage, but without Apple HomeKit it is a deal breaker.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edited - improper response.

JackFrost2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I did not.
chtan
Aspirant
Aspirant

It'll work with the Arlo Smarthub, but still no homekit.

Monty23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been any eta on the anticipated HomeKit support?
JackFrost2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
HomeKit still doesn’t work for me for the indoor, works on my outside cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We plan to release support for Arlo essential indoor camera soon. I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

JackFrost2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This integration is now available. For more information, see here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Cameras-are-now-compatible-with-Ap...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation