Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Essential

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brownblnd2
Follower
Follower
We have cameras at home with the base station that work great, we also have cameras at my salon off the same base station that we have nothing but issues with.
They kicked off today for whatever reason (they were both fully charged Tuesday) tonight I start getting notifications one right after the other alerting of low battery starting at 13% all the way down to 0. (Cameras are still off)
Wifi is on and good.
This is getting old. HELP!
I’ve tried removing and readding the cameras. It works for a short time but I shouldn’t have to do that
Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Brownblnd2 wrote:
    We have cameras at home with the base station that work great, we also have cameras at my salon off the same base station that we have nothing but issues with.
    They kicked off today for whatever reason (they were both fully charged Tuesday) tonight I start getting notifications one right after the other alerting of low battery starting at 13% all the way down to 0. (Cameras are still off)
    Wifi is on and good.
    I’ve tried removing and readding the cameras. It works for a short time but I shouldn’t have to do that

I am a bit puzzled on whether you have the Arlo Essential, or the Arlo Essential Indoor (which is powered and has the privacy shutter).  I am guessing you don't have the indoor.

They just updated the firmware to fix that.

Make sure you have the new firmware by checking here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes.  Once you do get it, re-check on whether you are still having this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brownblnd2 wrote:
Wifi is on and good.

I am a bit puzzled on whether you have the Arlo Essential, or the Arlo Essential Indoor (which is powered and has the privacy shutter).  I am guessing you don't have the indoor.

They just updated the firmware to fix that.

Make sure you have the new firmware by checking here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes.  Once you do get it, re-check on whether you are still having this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This rather sounds like 2.4GHz interference that's causing the signal between the base and cameras to have issues. The cameras would then struggle to maintain the connection, leading to faster battery depletion. WHat other devices are present that use that frequency? Not just WiFi but any other wireless devices. Move the base as far away from the router as practical. If you're supplying WiFi to customers, consider turning off the 2.4GHz radio in the router completely and offer only the 5GHz band.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

This rather sounds like 2.4GHz interference that's causing the signal between the base and cameras to have issues.

Could be, but per @JamesC there is a bug in the Essential and Essential Spotlight related to this problem that was fixed yesterday.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation