Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Has battery or does not have battery? User manual?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zarkogajic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing the "Essential Indoor 2nd gen" camera... and am trying to understand if it would fit my needs...

This page: https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/cameras/arlo-essential-2k-indoor ("Product Comparison -> Additional information") indicates that it has a battery (4 hrs charging), but it also needs connection (via USB) to power socket for camera to operate.

If it needs electrical power to work - and if it does have a battery -> does that mean that in the case of "no electric power" it will work on battery (even though "Battery life" is described as "N/A" )? If so, for how long?

Also, is there User Manual available online?

-žarko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zarkogajic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

"Removable battery" with "x" implies it is not removable and not that it is not there.

Yes, I agree it's a copy/paste issue - but then any info on the page can be wrong due to "copy/paste issue" 🙂

Anyhow, ok, no battery. 

-žarko

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see anything in your link that implies it has a battery and I can vouch for that. It has a power cord which is what's needed to power it and the specs show that it's wired. Also, battery life is shown as "N/A".

It's a wired camera which is appropriate for one designated as an indoor only camera.

zarkogajic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Screenshot_1.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "removable battery" showing an "x" means it's not there. The charging time of 4 seems likely to be a cut and paste issue.

zarkogajic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

"Removable battery" with "x" implies it is not removable and not that it is not there.

Yes, I agree it's a copy/paste issue - but then any info on the page can be wrong due to "copy/paste issue" 🙂

Anyhow, ok, no battery. 

-žarko

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation