Change a mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do you edit the mode one camera?  The only thing is set the mode on all cameras not individually.  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

How do you edit the mode one camera?  The only thing is set the mode on all cameras not individually.  

In the "Feed" interface, the modes are for the entire location, not individual cameras.  There are rules for each camera in the mode, and you can add, delete, or modify them.

If you tell us more about what you are wanting to do, we might be able to offer some more targetted advice.

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for responding.  I have 5 cameras with one being in the basement and when we are home, I would like not to receive motion notifications from the one camera in the basement.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

I have 5 cameras with one being in the basement and when we are home, I would like not to receive motion notifications from the one camera in the basement.

That helps.

I suggest setting up "Arm Away" to arm all 5 cameras - both recording and sending motion notifications. 

How you set up "Arm Home" depends on whether you just want to block the notifications for the basement camera, or if you also want to prevent it from recording.

1. If you still want recordings, then set up "Arm Home" the same way as "Arm Away" - just leave out the notification for the basement.
  2. If you want to disarm the basement camera, then set up "Arm Home" to arm the remaining 4 cameras.  Any camera with no rule is disarmed when the system is in that mode.

More details on how to do this are here:

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation