Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

no more free 7 day recording!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
newhausen
Follower
Follower

is this true? i called arlo and was told that my essential cameras require monthly service fee. i have had these cameras for 8 monthes and used the 7 day free recording feature. ( i’ve had arlo cams for 3 years and used multiple cams on 7 day free). now there telling me i mustvhave misunderstood.. unbelievable!!

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to actually read the documentation and investigate what may have changed. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a subscription. The trial subscription was at least your first clue. This has been true for the past 2 years so it's nothing new at this point.

View solution in original post

All Replies
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to actually read the documentation and investigate what may have changed. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a subscription. The trial subscription was at least your first clue. This has been true for the past 2 years so it's nothing new at this point.

View solution in original post

dcfox1
Master
Master

@newhausen  You may have got 8 months of 7 day recordings on your older cameras but the Essential was a 3 month trial. A little research goes a long way on a big purchase as the trial was on the Product page and box. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation