Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
newhausen
Follower
Follower

is this true? i called arlo and was told that my essential cameras require monthly service fee. i have had these cameras for 8 monthes and used the 7 day free recording feature. ( i’ve had arlo cams for 3 years and used multiple cams on 7 day free). now there telling me i mustvhave misunderstood.. unbelievable!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to actually read the documentation and investigate what may have changed. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a subscription. The trial subscription was at least your first clue. This has been true for the past 2 years so it's nothing new at this point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to actually read the documentation and investigate what may have changed. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a subscription. The trial subscription was at least your first clue. This has been true for the past 2 years so it's nothing new at this point.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@newhausen  You may have got 8 months of 7 day recordings on your older cameras but the Essential was a 3 month trial. A little research goes a long way on a big purchase as the trial was on the Product page and box.