Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can’t permanently turn off the spotlight in night mode. I’m in the proper video settings, have night mode turned on, and the spotlight turned off. I stays that way for a while, but inevitably when I go back to the setting after a few hours, the spotlight is turned back on and I don’t understand why. I’m trying to record the behavior of an animal in my back yard and the spotlight scares it off. Just can’t get that setting to stick.

19 REPLIES 19
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Not sure that I follow what "night mode" is. "Night vision" in "Low Light" settings?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, yes. Video Settings / Low Light Settings / Night Mode is toggled on, Spotlight is toggled off. For some reason Spotlight keeps going back on like it is not retaining the setting.
Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
dcfox1
Master
Master

Short of removing it and adding it back you can pull the battery and insert it again. That solves a many quirks. I have spotlight off for my essential and it has stayed off. 

Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I’ll give that a shot.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ross-D,

Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior after removing and re-adding the camera to your account.

JamesC

Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately it did happen again tonight. I toggled Spotlight off in low light settings after I deleted the camera then re-added. 2 hours later, I found it toggled on again. I’m stumped.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ross-D,

I will reach out to you in private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

sdunio
Aspirant
Aspirant
My model number is vmc2330-100nas. Any resolution to this issue? One of my three cameras does the same thing. I toggle off the spoltlight and just keep night mode toggled on and the next night the spotlight is toggled on again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sdunio,

I don't have any new information at this time but the development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

KBATX
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue with my single Arlo Essential, turning off the spotlight in the Low Light settings and it automatically reverting back to on within hours or the next day.
Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately I haven’t seen a fix yet.
sdunio
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly how mine acted.  It seems to turn back on overnight almost every night.  I returned mine and might get another Arlo camera without a spotlight.

MrChiefsFan
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo essential is doing the same thing. Has there been a fix?
Babbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update to this my Arlo essential has same issue. Thanks
Ross-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue. Are you using iOS or Android? Could you provide the model device your using along with OS version?

JamesC

sdunio
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android 8.1.0 on a galaxy J7. mine recently updated though. I'm not sure what version was before this one but I update as soon as one is available. I no longer have the cameras so I can't test further.
RJ4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured out how to fix this. You must disarm under mode. If it’s armed the light will come on. While disarmed you can still use different modes. For example I have a custom mode to notify me when the camera detects motion. Also, while disarmed you can go to your video settings and control spotlight and night vision. I have spotlight off and night vision on. But like I said it has to be disarmed. I initially was having the same issue.