Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo essential - frozen screen when I thought all was ok

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
perrydilley
Follower
Follower

on my android app without any indication i was evidently seeing a frozen screen when i thought all was ok. the view looked normal had live upper left corner as if everything was ok, UNTIL someone came up into where i should have gotten notice nothing happened no recording, no notice of intrusion nothing. a perfect frozen view. i have no faith whatsoever in this camera now, it has done this a couple times so i might or might not get anything  or see a still frozen view while im getting robbed with no indication there is any error. thank you, i am returning this piece of junk i have had $24 cameras that work better more reliable

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

perrydilley,

This could be a symptom of poor signal strength or WiFI interference. What does the signal strength icon show for the camera? 

JamesC

pmpinc64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I discovered today that I have same issue as perrydilley. My camera wifi signal strength is strong. This doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the system. I've had my cameras for over 2 months so it's too late to take them back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Signal strength isn't the only parameter of concern - quality is also important. Move the camera to a different location and see if that makes a difference.