Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Trev08
Initiate
Initiate
I don’t understand why the Arlo Essential cameras don’t come with a power adapter. How are we expected to charge it? Also, it provides no clear details on what power adapters it can clearly use. It was vague information.
5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Per their web site it does come with a charging cable.  I didn't find anything on a longer AC power adapter for Essential accessories. It does seem like you have to dig for things with Arlo.

https://shop.arlo.com/VMC2030-100NAS.html?_ga=2.233412505.607102114.1584125124-2018378514.1583172378

Trev08
Initiate
Initiate
A charging cable and power adapter are two completely different things. It would be nice if Arlo actually included it with their device.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea, I was referring  to the charger since you asked how do we charge the cameras. None of the other cams come with a separate power adapter included. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It is a way of keeping costs costs down for this "Essential" product. I guess Arlo assumes that everyone now has more than enough USB chargers to keep them going for a few years.

I have a large box of the things. One way to keep them charged is to but a solar panel to keep it going.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
swnk000
Aspirant
Aspirant

As mentioned in another reply it does come with a short usb connector but it does not have a replacable battery like the other cameras. So that means you either connect their solar panel or take it down from where you installed it and plug it in with the usb connector. Which isn't very efficient. And their solar panel isn't very good if you have a lot of motion captures. If you only have about 5 - 6 motion captures a day the solar panel is decent. 

Also if you want to return it because you do not like their features and it's within the 30 day "return" policy, they will give you a lot of grief.  They say you cannot return it because it has to be defective otherwise you're stuck with it. They will make you "jump through hoops" to "fix" whatever issue you have with it and still refuse to let you return it because you are not happy with the product. Best to purchase from Amazon because they let you return it, no questions asked, as long as it's within the 30 day delivery date.