Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Water Damage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Willh32
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I've tried going through Arlo support contact number and live chat, but still seem to be struggling to get this resolved.

I have 2 Arlo Essential spotlight cameras, but recently, my front camera has been disconnecting every other day. Then after getting it to reconnect several times, I had an error saying it was overheating and needed to cooldown before it could be used. As soon as I saw this error, I took the camera down and deactivated it in the Arlo App to prevent any damage.

Since doing this, the camera will no longer turn on at all. I've had a look at some of the LED's and there's clear evidence of moisture behind it. I've left it inside to dry and after a day, it's still leaking water from the edges. If I move the camera a little, I can even hear water splashing around inside it.

It has never faced anything more that daily rain, I've only had the camera for around 3 months, surely this can't be a common thing? I was on live chat support but they said they'd email me a solution, however I've heard nothing back since.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your choices are swapping at the store or using support here. If using support, chat/call until you get resolution - don't just wait for a reply.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation