Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Water Damage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Willh32
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I've tried going through Arlo support contact number and live chat, but still seem to be struggling to get this resolved.

I have 2 Arlo Essential spotlight cameras, but recently, my front camera has been disconnecting every other day. Then after getting it to reconnect several times, I had an error saying it was overheating and needed to cooldown before it could be used. As soon as I saw this error, I took the camera down and deactivated it in the Arlo App to prevent any damage.

Since doing this, the camera will no longer turn on at all. I've had a look at some of the LED's and there's clear evidence of moisture behind it. I've left it inside to dry and after a day, it's still leaking water from the edges. If I move the camera a little, I can even hear water splashing around inside it.

It has never faced anything more that daily rain, I've only had the camera for around 3 months, surely this can't be a common thing? I was on live chat support but they said they'd email me a solution, however I've heard nothing back since.

Any help will be really appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your choices are swapping at the store or using support here. If using support, chat/call until you get resolution - don't just wait for a reply.

Dkhelms
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just discovered the same problem with my spotlight.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dkhelms,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC