Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2330-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Auck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am no longer recording to the library, I am also getting connect to AC power source and the activity zone issue.  I have restarted, rebooted.   I am tired of looking through the community comments looking for answers.  The batteries are not accessible.  I am running the cameras off of solar chargers recommended by Arlo since the cameras stayed charged for less than 30 days.   What is the fix?   These cameras are not doing me any good with these issues.   Should I just return them for credit and try another brand?   I am losing patience.   Thank you in advance for any corrective information.

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Did your 3 month trial to smart run out? You need a subscription for cloud recordings. Also for  Activity Zones if not on AC power. A solar panel is not AC power. 

Auck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know the solar panel is not an AC power supply.  These cameras are wireless so the AC issue shouldn't even be an issue.   My library option quit before the Smart ran out which I didn't sign up for, not even while it was free.   I don't want the cloud storage,  I just want the regular library option like I had originally.   I see a lot of people with the same issues as me.   I scrolled through some of the 60 discussions but I never saw an answer even though the thread said solved for inactivity.  I could never get the camera to turn off as I programmed them either, but that is the least of my worries right now.

dcfox1
Master
Master

To be clear are  your cams  connected to a Smart Hub/Base and viewed through local recordings on that or are you connected to your home wifi? . 

Auck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wifi, I view on my phone or computer.   The cameras are not connected to a hub or base, which I was originally told they should work better in case our cable provider has a fail or lack of service due to weather.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With no subscription, the only way to have recordings is to have the cameras synced to a base or hub. I suggest the VMB4540 so you don't have to safely eject the drive to view on a computer - you can use the app. If you want cloud recordings, that requires a sub.