Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying To Return Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mplepage1
Follower
Follower
Hello, I purchased two cameras in December and I installed them and to make a long story short, I'm not happy with them and I found other cameras for way less that are better. I have about a 20 second lag with the arlo cameras and about 1.5 seconds on the different cameras. I also need 24 hour constant recording and I don't feel I should pay for an extra subscription after paying what I did for the cameras. Lastly, the battery life is not what I expected and I'm under the 30 day window for returns but arlo seems to be making this process incredibly difficult.

I am a veteran with a disability and I don't talk on the phone because of it. Everyone at arlo I talk to (email and chat feature) insists that I call a separate phone number for returns but when I tell them I don't talk on the phone because of my disability, they tell me that's the only way I can return my items because they need an RMA if they're defective. I don't know if the cameras are defective, I just am not happy with the performance. Their policy is 30 days and it honestly seems like they are trying to delay this long enough to tell me I can't return the cameras.

I'm really close to speaking to an attorney because this goes against the Americans with disabilities act in every way possible, but I just want to return these things and go on with my life.

Any advice?
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mplepage1,

I was able to locate an open support ticket that you submitted regarding this concern. I will request a status update on your support ticket and have an agent reach out to you as soon as possible.

JamesC