Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spotlight on in live mode...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FlatBugger
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, when I go into live mode at night, the spotlight will automatically come on. The spotlight icon is off but the led spotlight is on? I don't want spotlight on and it's off in the camera low light settings. When I actually turn on spotlight the night footage is in color and when I turn it off it's in black and white night vision even though the spotlight is still on..... The spotlight will turn off when I exit from live mode.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FlatBugger
Tutor
Tutor
Funny thing, it turned out that the spotlight wasn't turning on at all. I was looking at live footage from one camera while other camera was live also. The effect was seeing the night vision activate and of course it looks like a spotlight when viewed through the night vision on there other camera. I hope that makes sense....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FlatBugger,

What happens if you manually toggle the spotlight on and back off? Does the spotlight turn off? Do you continue experiencing the same behavior?

JamesC

FlatBugger
Tutor
Tutor
Funny thing, it turned out that the spotlight wasn't turning on at all. I was looking at live footage from one camera while other camera was live also. The effect was seeing the night vision activate and of course it looks like a spotlight when viewed through the night vision on there other camera. I hope that makes sense....