Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Re: Notifications for deleted cameras

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm being driven insane by push notifications for two cameras I deleted. The other thread on this was marked closed/resolved, but it is not resolved. It started as soon as I deleted the cameras.

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

@LydiaF wrote:

I'm being driven insane by push notifications for two cameras I deleted. 

Not sure how or why you get notifications for a deleted camera. Do you mean you then re added them? 

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I had two cameras that were shared. I deleted them. 

I'm still receiving every freaking motion notification on them. Driving me nuts. There is a whole thread on this problem that was closed in June. 

Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Ok that  clears up your original post. What have you done to troubleshoot and what has your friend who you shared with done for someone here to help, who has administrator rights.  Also have you tried the steps taken in the thread you refer to. Here is a link about deleting friends. 

and links below in that page about rights for cams shared. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1101094/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

She deleted me and no change - still getting notifications. Deleted the app, powered off phone for two minutes, reinstalled app - still getting notifications.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still happening with no updates. 

I cannot turn my notifications on and see my own cameras activity because of the constant notifications from the shared cameras that are deleted. It's also a pretty big security flaw to have someone revoke shared access and that person still be able to view their cameras and receive notifications. I'd appreciate an update.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone please respond to me?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

The development team is currently testing a cloud update that should resolve this issue. I will provide more information once that update has been released.

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  I have been working on this for weeks.  I am glad I came across this thread!  I hope they figure it out soon....It is driving us nuts!  lol

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Driving me nuts too - my cameras are worthless right now because I can't stand the notifications.

Any update on a date James?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been two months - is there an update?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

A fix was released that should prevent this from happening for new users but the dev team is still working to implement a fix for existing users that continue to experience the issue.

Some users have reported if you share the cameras again, and then remove the invitation again, this resolves the issue. Are you able to try this?

JamesC

Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate

Yep!  Tried that already.  It didn't work.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ugh. Well thanks for giving them that info. So frustrating.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update?

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation