Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm being driven insane by push notifications for two cameras I deleted. The other thread on this was marked closed/resolved, but it is not resolved. It started as soon as I deleted the cameras.

23 REPLIES 23
dcfox1
Master
Master

@LydiaF wrote:

I'm being driven insane by push notifications for two cameras I deleted. 

Not sure how or why you get notifications for a deleted camera. Do you mean you then re added them? 

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I had two cameras that were shared. I deleted them. 

I'm still receiving every freaking motion notification on them. Driving me nuts. There is a whole thread on this problem that was closed in June. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok that  clears up your original post. What have you done to troubleshoot and what has your friend who you shared with done for someone here to help, who has administrator rights.  Also have you tried the steps taken in the thread you refer to. Here is a link about deleting friends. 

and links below in that page about rights for cams shared. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1101094/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

She deleted me and no change - still getting notifications. Deleted the app, powered off phone for two minutes, reinstalled app - still getting notifications.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still happening with no updates. 

I cannot turn my notifications on and see my own cameras activity because of the constant notifications from the shared cameras that are deleted. It's also a pretty big security flaw to have someone revoke shared access and that person still be able to view their cameras and receive notifications. I'd appreciate an update.

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone please respond to me?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

The development team is currently testing a cloud update that should resolve this issue. I will provide more information once that update has been released.

JamesC

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

Mlebleu
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue.  I have been working on this for weeks.  I am glad I came across this thread!  I hope they figure it out soon....It is driving us nuts!  lol

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Driving me nuts too - my cameras are worthless right now because I can't stand the notifications.

Any update on a date James?

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been two months - is there an update?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

A fix was released that should prevent this from happening for new users but the dev team is still working to implement a fix for existing users that continue to experience the issue.

Some users have reported if you share the cameras again, and then remove the invitation again, this resolves the issue. Are you able to try this?

JamesC

Mlebleu
Tutor
Tutor

Yep!  Tried that already.  It didn't work.

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ugh. Well thanks for giving them that info. So frustrating.

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update?

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update? My cameras have been useless for two months. At this point I'm ready to get a refund and use someone else's system so I'd appreciate an update.

Mlebleu
Tutor
Tutor

It is extremely frustrating.  

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is terrible service - can you please update us?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

Did you receive the private message I sent you?

JamesC

LydiaF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I responded. I believe both the tickets we each opened on this issue should have all that, but sent it just in case.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LydiaF,

Thanks, I've forwarded the details to the dev team. I will provide you with an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC