Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification issues and App response time

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Camera_Ess
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing sporadic connectivity issues associated with the Arlo app. I receive motion event notifications but am unable to view the live feed on the app due to connectivity issues. At the time, the phone is connected to the network and other apps which require internet are functioning on the network. The camera is installed on the exterior of the home and router is less than 10 ft away. On some occasions, I am able to access the live feed on the app by going outside and standing near the camera. Is this a problem that is specific to the Essential model since the base station is not required? Any assistance/feedback is greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Camera_Ess,

The symptoms you describe are generally an indication of an interference or connectivity issue. What does the signal strength indicator show on your camera? When attempting to live stream, do you receive an error message?

JamesC

Camera_Ess
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

The camera signal strength is three rings and the following message is present "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Camera_Ess,

Do you see this same behavior when using the web client on a PC? Does this only happen when using the mobile app?

JamesC

Camera_Ess
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the web client to help troubleshoot. If it works properly there but not in the app you've helped locate the problem.

Camera_Ess
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to connect to the web client on the PC. The mobile app is still experiencing connectivity issues.