Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kyle84
Follower
Follower

Wonder if anyone else has seen this issue.  Arlo Essential system, strong WiFi throughout.  Trouble-free for many months.  Active subscription.

One day a single camera stopped uploading to the library.  This happened without any configuration change (camera armed, good video bandwidth etc.)  Camera was sending activity notifications all day as it is in the busiest zone and I could connect to live video fine, but when I checked the library, no recordings for that camera were found.  All other cameras were detecting and uploading fine.

So in my library for that single day there are only recordings from four out of five cameras.

There were no error messages.  I tried everything: disarming, removing and re-adding, even bringing it into the house and putting it next to my Wi-Fi base station.  Nothing could get it to record on that day.  Then the camera magically started uploading the next day.

Arlo support (rant on) has been USELESS.  I've had three different support staff who keep cutting & pasting the user guide and nobody has investigated the issue.  Response time is seven to fourteen days in between.  Every time I have to repeat myself, then a different person comes on an cuts and pastes the user guide again.

Frankly if someone asks my opinion of Arlo, I would say avoid at all costs as it is not robust and you cannot get timely or useful help from the support team if you run into issues.

So, has anybody else noticed this issue -- I want to know if it is prevalent in which case Arlo is going in the trash.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Grant-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with 2 of my 3 ultra cameras.

However, mine is still in fault, no history.

There must be a connection with activity zones, as when I compare the device settings, the two cameras with no history are missing the activity zone options in setting.

I've just started searching for an answer.

Grant-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no fault. I've realised my initial subscription with my ultra has expired, and my original HD subscription only allowed for 1 of the 3 cameras to continue.