Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Frbarnes1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this issue with the essential spotlight camera. It does not detect my camera.. I've tried all of this.. any look from anyone else??

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Frbarnes1975

Have you tried on the Arlo mobile app & web portal?

Frbarnes1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I've tried both.. and it just spins then says it can't be found.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you trying to connect to a Base Station/SmartHub or directly to your router?

Frbarnes1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Directly to router
Autumn6230
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue and after trying many things including calling CS, I found that my wifi password was wrong. I entered the correct one and it worked! Just bought these today and setup takes a while especially because instructions aren't too detail. Hope it helps. 

Frbarnes1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Password is correct.. it just can't locate the camera.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Autumn6230 Thank you for that info,

@Frbarnes1975 Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Seddy21086
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck on this? I'm going to send it back tomorrow if not. I tried everything. Only thing I can think of is SSID is wrong somehow.. Maybe not include dash etc. I've tried app, mobile web, reset, complete charge. It scans fine on 2g.. But still nothing. Blinks blue then red after timing out
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Seddy21086,

At what point are you experiencing the issue? Could you provide a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

JamesC

YvonneE00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, returned previous which worked for 2 months, purchased new one, app wont find..Replaced router with provider, password correct for 2.4ghz, now app says limit reached when I only have this replacement camera, I bypass the pop up and still not discovered. App settings say no camera