Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local record

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gfcosta
Follower
Follower
Which arlo equipment do I need to have in order to keep 24/7 record of me essential cameras? I don't want to have it recorded in the cloud.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Arlo camera will record 24/7 to local storage. You can subscribe to CVR for that purpose but that's only on the cloud. If you want your motion recordings recorded locally, I would buy the VMB4540 SmartHub. You would then need to remove your cameras from Settings, My Devices, claim the hub first and then sync the cameras to the hub. Set up local recording in the hub's settings using at least a 16GB thumb drive. Any recording triggered will be recorded for viewing using the app by selecting the local storage choice in the pull-down in the library.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Arlo camera will record 24/7 to local storage. You can subscribe to CVR for that purpose but that's only on the cloud. If you want your motion recordings recorded locally, I would buy the VMB4540 SmartHub. You would then need to remove your cameras from Settings, My Devices, claim the hub first and then sync the cameras to the hub. Set up local recording in the hub's settings using at least a 16GB thumb drive. Any recording triggered will be recorded for viewing using the app by selecting the local storage choice in the pull-down in the library.