Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Horrible Customer Service - How Do I Get Resolution?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
pointnshoot
Tutor
Tutor

Horrible customer service.

I ordered a VMA3600 solar panel to power my Arlo Essential XL spotlight cam.

Received the package, unboxed and installed.

does NOT charge the battery in the cam.

removed cam from system. Did a factory reset on the cam. Re-installed.

no luck.

called customer support. 2 calls and 2 hours later - turns out the solar panel is NOT a VMA3600, but a 5600. Panel mis-labeled, box says 3600. But it’s a 5600, according to the serial number.

rep told me they would send me a new one and an RMA label to send the mis-labeled unit back. Was going to transfer me to sales support. Wait 1 hour listening to muzak. No one answered the phone.

dropped off called sales support. Wait 1 hour. Talk, get disconnected. Call again. Wait another hour. Talk to someone who says no replacement. They will REFUND AFTER I RETURN THE UNIT. Then I can buy another one. I asked for a supervisor, but to put in the refund anyway and send me a return label. No label, no supervisor, got cut off at 6 pm.

not my fault the panel is labeled wrong. I ordered the right part, Arlo got it wrong. But now I must buy ANOTHER PANEL and hope they take my return (if they ever send me a label) and refund my money, maybe 15 days After they receive the panel back..

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER.

I am thinking I might cut my losses, return the camera (Amazon so return should be easy) and buy from another company.

how do I Escalate my complaint to someone who w/ill actually Do something to help me out?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a user forum and can't help with that although a few Arlo reps are here. Why not simply swap at the store and get a new/proper panel?

pointnshoot
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the re-ly. Can’t return to physical store because I bought this on their Web store.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most, if not all, web stores have a return/swap policy. Check with them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pointnshoot,

Do you have a support ticket number I can reference and escalate as needed?

JamesC

pointnshoot
Tutor
Tutor

Case #42015191

Update - just got off the phone with sales support. They tell me they cannot replace the panel, only RMA it. Apparently only tech support can replace it. But tech support would not replace it. So I must do a return and get a refund up to 15 days AFTER I return the product. They did send me an RMA tag so I can FedEx the unit back.

I am still VERY unhappy with the service I have received.

I would rather have a replacement sent IMMEDIATELY so I can install both camera and panel at one time, an not wait until I get a refund and order another panel.

To recap - I ordered a VMA3600 to power by Essential Spotlight Camera. I received a box labeled VMA3600. The panel was labeled VMA3600. But the serial number registered it as a VMA5600. Supposedly that is why it did not work.

Additional info - during troubleshooting I was asked if the charge symbol (lightning bolt over battery symbol) on the camera came on when charging from the provided charge cable and a UPS power source. Answer - no, but it appears the camera charged successfully. Does this indicate a camera problem as well?

pointnshoot
Tutor
Tutor

Order # for panel - 10114027.

used a different email for the order (email associated with my credit card)

pointnshoot
Tutor
Tutor

And to reply to your other message - I bought this from the Arlo Web store! That’s why I have had to use their absolutely horrible, abysmal customer service.