Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential video doorbell and essential camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Travismiller23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the base station VMB300 - I run a couple original arlo cameras and 2 arlo pros.  I got the essentials video wire free doorbell and the essentials spotlight camera as gifts.  I have attempted to add these and they will not add.  Do I need to upgrade my base station to new one, I think they call them smart hubs now.  If so, can you please suggest which one would be compatible with the new essentials video wire free doorbell, essentials spot light camera, arlo pro and just regular arlo cameras.

All help is greatly appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3xxx-series of bases don't work with the new devices. I would upgrade to a VMB4540 so you can use a thumb drive for local recordings, too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3xxx-series of bases don't work with the new devices. I would upgrade to a VMB4540 so you can use a thumb drive for local recordings, too.

Travismiller23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much jguerdat. That is compatible with all arlo cameras and the older version of the floodlight correct?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Travismiller23,

Take a look here for details about each base station/SmartHub: What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

JamesC