Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight Model: VMC2030AerH6

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlouser120320
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a set of three Arlo Pro 2 cameras mounted on my house in Puerto Rico.  They are connected to a base station.  They have worked fine for three years.  I get notified when there is movement or loud noises.  However, I only get short recordings, not 24/7 recordings.  I assumed this is because I don't have a subscription.  So, I bought a Arlo Essential Spotlight camera for my house in Virginia.  All I can do with this camera is watch live - no recording capability.  I have tried and tried to turn on a subscription, but cannot I have Chatted with Arlo Support, but still can't buy a subscription.  I would think that the company would be VERY anxious to sell me a subscription, but I guess not.  Trying to activate online is just a continuous circle...... select Smart Plan, choose continuous recording, system asks me to login (even though I was already logged in), the I get a white screen that reads BOLD "SUBSCRIPTION" and right under that NOT BOLD "NO SUBSCRIPTION".  That's it!  Nothing to click on, just those words.  Start over - same thing.  Not worth the time spent going in circles.

I also have a set of three Nest cameras with continuous recording and software that is GREAT!  Subscription of $20 per month for all three cameras.  It is so user friendly and scrolling back in time is a breeze.  Guess I should have stayed with Nest.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlouser120320,

Arlo subscription plans are not currently available in all countries/territories. Take a look here for more information: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

If you're using the same account that you set up in Puerto Rico in your home in Virginia, that account would have a Puerto Rico country code, which doesn't allow subscription plans.

You would need to create a new account while in Virginia and add the Essential camera to that account for it to be eligible for a subscription plan.

JamesC

Arlouser120320
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, that means that I have to go out and get a new email account with some other service because I have tried to create a new Arlo account, but the systems says I already exist????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlouser120320,

Correct. You won't be able to use the same email address you've already used for the original account in Puerto Rico. You will need a new account, using a new email address.

JamesC

Arlouser120320
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay,  well, that is another ding on ARLO.  My three Nest Cams are at three different houses, two in Virginia and one in Puerto Rico.  All on the same account and all stream recording 24/7 every week - $20 per month.top two in Virginia, bottom in Puerto Ricotop two in Virginia, bottom in Puerto Rico