Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ComanderKing
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, I upgraded from the Arlo Pro (Had combo or 1st and 2nd Gen) to a 2 pack Essentials. With the Essentials, one Camera is not holding charge. I have swapped the camera locations, disconnected and reconnected to the network. Both Cameras have a strong network connection as the router is just inside the window so only transmitting through glass. The one holding charge is further away and does 10 videos a day where the one not hold charge does 1-2. I have both hooked up to a solar panel which makes no differance with the faulty unit. (i have tried with and without the solar panels on both)  Spotlight has been deactived. I have logged a case asking for a replacement of the faulty unit #42213861 but wondering if anyone else has any ideas. Based on all tests I have completed it appears the one unit if faulty requiring a wall power charge daily. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Continue to use support or swap at the store.

CM8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

So i have the Arlo Essential Spotlight camera and just recently one of the cameras will not hold charge. I charged it 3 times in last few days. I had for one day 8 motions and it drained the battery to 14 percent and has never done that. Did you find a solution yet? I have reset mine and charged it and nothing helps. I only had the camera barely going on 4 months. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CM8,

How far is the camera from your base station/router? What does the signal strength icon show?

JamesC

ComanderKing
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Solution, I have requested RMA

ComanderKing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both have 'Strong' Signal either with my router or my base station