Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Different cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Coolhandluke222
Initiate
Initiate

The cameras are within the recommended range of 300feet. I have 4 cameras around the house.   In two days of owning them 2 different cameras that were both working went offline.  It’s not battery related I checked.  It’s not location as they both worked at first set up.   So far the only option I seem to have is pulling the camera down, selecting the remove device and re syncing.  (Why isn’t there just a reset button???). Now when I resend.  It just spins looking for camera and never finds it.   Yes I’m on 2.4 and yes phone app is on same network.   It takes 15 to 20 resynchs of clicking sync button scanning the app pic and praying it finds it.   Please tell me there is a better way to get a cam back online.   What good is a security camera that goes offline once per day????? 
help!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coolhandluke222,

What does the signal strength icon show for the camera? While the maximum range is 300 feet line of sight, physical obstructions as well as other WiFi signals in the environment will reduce the effective range. How far from your base station/router are the cameras?

JamesC

Coolhandluke222
Initiate
Initiate
Signal strength is fine when they are online. Once they go off line there is nothing coming from the camera to the app. Since I posted this the 2 cameras I had to remove, re add and so another firm ware update...one went offline again today and a different one (3 of 4 have now went offline) went offline and it's inside the house and close to the wifi station. So they lasted just under 2 weeks and off line again. My only fix is to remove them from app. Re add which requires firmware update even though theybwer just updated... And 10 to 15 tries before they sync up. IS THERE NO WAY TO REBIOT,RESYMC A CAMERA FROM THE APP WHEN ITS OFFLINE???? I hate to have to keep pulling them down and re synching every few weeks
scorpjun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have similar experience for my other 3 cameras they always disconnect and go offline. I have to power on, pair again and resync and its very inconvenient. My other old single camera from Cloud Edge never gave me this kind of experience.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coolhandluke222, scorpjun

If the signal strength is good and you're still experiencing the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC