Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not detecting motion but still working VMB4000 with Arlo Original and Essential Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
kraydad
Tutor
Tutor

I have seen similar threads but thought I could add more detail? I have 2 vhb4000 bases at 2 locations. One location is shared with the other through the app. I have Arlo original cameras and 2 essential spotlight cameras. For some reason they stop detecting motion. Both systems, both camera types. The cameras work. Can do live view, and motion test, but it will not work when I walk by. I notice when we get a delivery and get no warning/recordings. It seems to affect all cameras at once on a single base. One base works but the other does not. Or both go out together. If the devices are turned off and turned on they work again.

I uninstalled both bases and reinstalled and updated firmware. No affect. I do not know how often it happens, but it seems to be random and unpredictable. We only know that it shut off when we don't get a warning. Obviously that is a problem.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kraydad,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

KevinMcC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kraydad - i have the same problem as you do.  I added one Essential spotlight to my existing system (VMB4000 base and three Pro2 cameras).  The Essential camera works for a few days and then just stops catching motion.  It appears to be online and connected, but is not operating.  Only the Essential has this problem.  Does not appear to affect the Pro2's.  I wondered if you ever received a solution to this from Arlo Support.  Checking before i contact Support myself.

kraydad
Tutor
Tutor

I did not contact Support. I didn't buy the bases new. The only thing I have purchased lately are the essential cameras. Didn't want to bother with them I figured my setup is mostly not under warranty and I am not paying.

I also just purchased a used pro 2 that I just added.  When I added that camera the base I added it to had the motion loss for the other cameras. I re-booted the base and it has been fine for a couple of days.

It does not seem to correct with turning the cameras off then back on. So I am pretty sure the problem is something with the bases. I have 2 essentials and 2 originals on one base, 3 originals with a Pro 2 on the other. Both bases have been effected but not at the same time.

I think it has something to do with turning off and on, or something more than the cameras just sitting there. Changing batteries? Changing mode? Turning cameras off then back on? I have not been able to isolate it, but it would seem that something has to change to create the loss in function. Could be wrong?

KevinMcC
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for sharing your info.  i've replaced my one essential camera under warranty and i'm testing to see if the same problem arises.  i've not tried to reboot the base when the problem happens - i'll try that.  If I find a solution, i'll share it here