Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery drains quick, but sometimes goes back up in percentage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Danizilla
Follower
Follower
Support has been useless, been going back and forth since August and no one has answered this question: why does my essential camera show extremely quick battery drain after recording maybe one or two videos, but often the next day it will jump from say 6% back up to 30%? Does this signify a problem with the battery or the camera itself? The signal is always as strong as it can be as far as the WiFi connection, and this camera is on a very tight schedule and so rarely records video at all.

I've been trying to return it as it has had issues out of the box, but even though I bought direct from arlo, support keeps telling me Arlo doesn't do returns/refunds. Obviously that contradicts the return policy. I understand by now I'm outside of the 30 day window, but I strongly feel they should make an exception considering I've been telling them about the issues since I first received the camera, well within the 30 day window.

Anyway if anyone could narrow down the issue with the info I've provided, it it's enough to be useful anyway, I'd appreciate it, since I appear to be stuck with a defective camera and/or battery.
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Since you went through trouble shooting steps with support they should at least be able to exchange it under their 1 year warranty policy. I would insist on that at least. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Danizilla,

Have you opened a ticket with the support team about this behavior? Do you have a ticket number I can reference and escalate if needed?

JamesC