Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not recording after free trial has expired

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jolrelf
Follower
Follower

Hi

I ordered an Arlo Essential spotlight camera in September and added it to my existing setup:

(Arlo 2 base station with 2 x wireless cameras and 2 x wired indoor cameras)

The free trial for the new camera ran out on 20th December and since then it no longer records or senses motion.

I was under the impression that you could have up to 5 cameras connected to a base station, recording 7 days without requiring a subscription.  Please can you advise?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription. That was the reason for the trial sub. If you want cloud recordings, you'll need to subscribe to a single camera plan. Your alternative is to use local recordings on your existing base. It would seem that you have a VMB4000 or 4500 base which support local recordings onto a USB drive but you'll have to eject the drive to view on a computer. The VMB4540 and 5000 hubs allow you to use the app to view the local recordings without having to eject the drive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription. That was the reason for the trial sub. If you want cloud recordings, you'll need to subscribe to a single camera plan. Your alternative is to use local recordings on your existing base. It would seem that you have a VMB4000 or 4500 base which support local recordings onto a USB drive but you'll have to eject the drive to view on a computer. The VMB4540 and 5000 hubs allow you to use the app to view the local recordings without having to eject the drive.