Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo not recording after free trial has expired

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Follower
Follower

Hi

I ordered an Arlo Essential spotlight camera in September and added it to my existing setup:

(Arlo 2 base station with 2 x wireless cameras and 2 x wired indoor cameras)

The free trial for the new camera ran out on 20th December and since then it no longer records or senses motion.

I was under the impression that you could have up to 5 cameras connected to a base station, recording 7 days without requiring a subscription.  Please can you advise?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription. That was the reason for the trial sub. If you want cloud recordings, you'll need to subscribe to a single camera plan. Your alternative is to use local recordings on your existing base. It would seem that you have a VMB4000 or 4500 base which support local recordings onto a USB drive but you'll have to eject the drive to view on a computer. The VMB4540 and 5000 hubs allow you to use the app to view the local recordings without having to eject the drive.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription. That was the reason for the trial sub. If you want cloud recordings, you'll need to subscribe to a single camera plan. Your alternative is to use local recordings on your existing base. It would seem that you have a VMB4000 or 4500 base which support local recordings onto a USB drive but you'll have to eject the drive to view on a computer. The VMB4540 and 5000 hubs allow you to use the app to view the local recordings without having to eject the drive.

View solution in original post

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation